This content transferred from the previous version of the Don DeLillo Society website (maintained by Phil Nel through Kansas State University).
- TO: Readers and Scholars of Don DeLillo
- FROM: The Don DeLillo Society
- DATE: July 1, 1999
We wish to announce the formation of the Don DeLillo Society and to invite your participation in it. The goal of the Don DeLillo Society is to promote matters of interest to DeLillo scholars and readers, and we plan to hold our first meeting at the 1999 MLA Conference in Chicago. However, in order to allow for full participation of the membership, important votes will be done by mail-in ballot. Though we have officers through the remainder of 1999, the next group of officers (which may include current officers, if they run and are elected) will serve three-year terms, starting January 1, 2000. Nominations must be received by October 1, 1999. Please include contact information for nominees. Any member of the Don DeLillo Society may submit nominations for any or all of these positions. We will hold elections in November or December of 1999. For more information, please see our website: http://www.cofc.edu/~nelp/delillo/.
To join the Don DeLillo Society, send a check or money order made out to The Don DeLillo Society for $10.00 U.S. ($5.00 for students, retired, and unemployed) to:
- Joseph Conte, Treasurer
- The Don DeLillo Society
- Department of English
- 306 Clemens Hall
- SUNY at Buffalo
- Buffalo, NY 14260-4610
- Phone: (716) 645-2575, x1009
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jconte/
Please include your name, address (to which you’d like mailings sent), your College or University affiliation if any, and your email address. Membership will be for an academic year, running from September of one year through August of the next.
Members of the Society receive email announcements of updates to the Don DeLillo Society’s website, including the Newsletter, an annual Bibliography of DeLillo Scholarship, upcoming events (including special sessions, calls for papers), and an annual updated list of members.
The Society organizes one session at the ALA Conference each May and hosts an informal social gathering during the conference. This coming February (2000), we plan to sponsor a session at the Twentieth Century Literature Conference (read the Call for Papers at: http://www.cofc.edu/~nelp/delillo/events.html). In addition, the Society publishes an annual Newsletter, annual Bibliography of DeLillo Scholarship, and maintains a website: http://www.cofc.edu/~nelp/delillo/.
- Glen Scott Allen, Towson University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Theron Britt, University of Memphis (email@example.com)
- Lou Caton, Auburn University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Joseph Conte, SUNY at Buffalo (email@example.com)
- John N. Duvall, Purdue University (JDuvall@sla.purdue.edu)
- Tim Engles, University of Georgia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phil Nel, College of Charleston (email@example.com)
- Mark Osteen, Loyola College (OSTEEN@VAX.LOYOLA.EDU)